Last updated Tuesday 1st August, 2017
In order for everyone to enjoy their Undergroupie experience, we request that members adhere to the following rules and guidelines. This is a safe space for all, and we don’t want any tantrums, dummy spits or ridiculously annoying behaviour that will mar this page for everyone. Those seen to be flouting the rules will answer to the Games Master and may be asked to leave.
1. Be considerate to one another (no trolling or picking fights). The Underdwellers and Black Family may on occasion snark at each other in character. It is a privilege we have earned after many a discussion about boundaries and safe words. We do not suggest you engage in a snark-match with any of the family until you have done the same and know what the terms of engagement are. Remember that the players on this page are NOT their characters, though sometimes they may break the 4th wall for the sake of a good joke. If you wish to communicate with characters, you can do so via their own character pages (please remember that this should be done in character if you are planning to play in the Underground world). Please also see guidelines for creating your own characters.
2. This board is for Underground focused and related materials only. Please leave photos of your food and your cats for private pages. Please also refrain from posting things of a political nature, as we respect and acknowledge the rights of all to vote as they like without prejudice or judgment. Political posts and memes will be deleted, as will irrelevant posts that have nothing to do with our world. If you think something is relevant, be sure to post a comment about how and why (e.g. This reminds me of…remember when…) PLEASE NOTE that advertising other shows, events or products on the Groupies page is STRICTLY PROHIBITED unless first approved by the GM. Approved posts will contain an **APPROVED BY GM** note in the description. All other posts will be deleted.
3. You are welcome to interact with any of us in or out of character, but please understand that some of us are rather busy and may not see/have time to respond to your communication. And if a character does not know you, we don’t advise approaching them until the proper introductions have been made. If you’re unsure, please feel free to PM the player you would like to interact with to check what the ground rules are.
4. Any grievances between members are to be removed from this space or brought to the attention of the Games Master privately. No defaming or bad-mouthing each other without grounds. And by grounds I mean pretty much never.
5. This is a PLAY space and meant to be for fun, but there will quite frequently be content that is graphic in nature – sexually and otherwise. HEAVY TRIGGER WARNINGS apply to most Underground media and documents. It is up to you what you choose to expose yourself to. This is an R-rated LARP and we are as mindful as we can be of everyone’s triggers and issues. Sadly, they are ultimately not our problem or our concern. There will be rape jokes, murder jokes, paedophile jokes and jokes about whatever else takes our fancy. These are never aimed at anyone in real life and should not be taken as such. Individuals that are triggered by these posts are welcome to contact the GM and voice their concerns, and if a post is deemed inappropriate it will be removed. All Groupies and cast are expected to own their triggers and responses, and not make them everyone else’s problem.
6. On that note, NO FEEDING. This is not a place to tell us about how your Uncle Vanja crept into your room one night. This is theatre not therapy and while all art has the potential to heal, this is not a psychiatrists lounge or your mother’s kitchen table. Private messages or discussions between members are of course allowed but we ask that you are mindful of everyone’s right to not have to listen to your issues. We also advise against masturbating yourself all over the page telling everyone how great or tough you think you are and how many partners you have, your sexual prowess, your problems with your poly world and whatnot. Please also refrain from making inappropriate advances or comments about other members without their consent. Trust me, no one gives a fuck. We’re here for the game, we’ve seen it all and we’re not impressed. Posts of a personal nature, persistent attention seeking and blatant disregard of rules will be deleted.
7. DO try to interact and contribute to the discussions on this page. It exists to open the Underground world up to its fans and friends and give those who are so inclined a deeper understanding of our world, our game and our vision. Feedback is always welcome…questions and queries are encouraged – requests for certain media/documents are also allowed. You may not always get what you want, but no harm in asking. Sometimes you will get more than what you bargained for.
8. Groupies are welcome to create characters/personas for Underground events in order to interact with the Family and each other. We encourage roleplaying and will try to be onhand to help as required. Please note however that merely creating a character does not make you a part of the Underground storyline – there are strict requirements that need to be met before anyone is recognised as an official Underdweller, and once promoted you may be asked to alter your creation or change it completely depending on the needs of the game. As a general rule, all players must complete the 50 character questions (see attached files on this page) and send them to the GM for approval before actively engaging in in-character play and discussions with others. Once your character is finalised and approved, it will be added to the official Underground character list and you’re good to go. Further documentation about creating characters can be found on our official blog.
9. Please remember that knowing someone out of character does not mean that you are familiars or friends within the Underground world – and vice versa, intimate knowledge of characters does not equate to real life bonds. Always remember what is real and what is not…and try not to let the emotions from the one bleed into the other. We would rather you call safety word than upset yourself or anyone else. It is also important not to confuse in-character knowledge with out of character research. Having read someone’s backstory or medical reports does not mean you can speak about them within the game as most likely that information would never have been made available to you.
10. The House safety word is GRAPES and can be used both during Underground events and/or on this page as the need arises. If you feel uncomfortable, have to bow out of a conversation or stop any form of play, please remember to use it. Discussions about boundaries and terms of play MUST be had before any players/groupies engage in kink/fetish related scenes or activities.
11. All intellectual property and any media within these pages remains the copyright of Natalie Ristovski and the Burlesque Underground unless otherwise cited. Please do not repost any of the documents or photos elsewhere without written permission of the author/owners. Please be mindful of what you post here as once your characters become part of the Underground world, they are Underground property unless otherwise agreed to with the Games Master. These characters cannot be utilised for other games or elsewhere without express permission from the copyright owner. All characters and concepts remain the property of Natalie Ristovski and the Burlesque Underground.
12. These terms and guidelines are subject to change without notice. Please remember to check in on occasion to ensure that you are well informed of proper and up to date procedures.
Once again we’d like to welcome you all to our world and thank you for joining the fun.
Let the games begin.
All characters and story lines remain the property of N.Ristovski and the Underground. All character writings within the Underground are fictitious. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.
Copyright © 2017. Natalie Ristovski.